Saturday, May 31, 2008

The beginnings of my blog, yipee...

So this is my first post. In fact this my first post on my first blog. I have decided to start a blog because of sheer boredom, not because I actually have anything important to say. My roommate suggested I start one because, well, I have a lot of free-time at work. I have also discovered that most of my family already have blogs so why not join the crowd. Who knows, this may be my only post; I could run out of things to say after this. In fact I think I've already run out of things to say right now.

Books I've read lately / been reading:
Just finished:
Angela's Ashes by Frank Mccourt - I wasn't as impressed with it as I was hoping to be. Very blunt writing, and a very sad childhood. Kind of a downer on men.
The Secret Life of Bee's by Sue Monk Kidd - Her first novel, and I really enjoyed it. I love the way she writes. It's kind a feminist book, about the power of women, but it's not necessarily a downer on men. I just found out that they are making it into a movie.
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson - My sister gave this book to me for my birthday. I recommend this book. Kind of a high-school / teen book, but I still thought it was a very good book.

Just started:
Chronicles of Narnia series - I'll let you know what I think.

I've been commissioned by my sister to paint a picture of my interpretation of William Wordsworth's poem, "I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud". Maybe I'll post some of my progress. Maybe. Right now I'm doing it in water color, but I would really like to do it in oil. However, I have 6 roommates, and oil can be quite strong so I'm not sure they would appreciate that. Maybe someday when I have more ventilation.

2 comments:

Val said...

Lovely blog! Congratulations on joining the band wagon. It sounds as though you are being quite well read, artistic, and cultured in your boredom. I applaud you for such accomplishments. I am thrilled to see the results of such an art commission. No rush; great art takes time and genius can't be demanded. Love you muchly and can't wait to see what you post!

Amy said...

Lisa, I'm very excited that you took my advice and decided to start a blog, now you need to add some stuff to it, it is really fun. You can add music, and pictures. This is going to be such a fun adventure for you.