Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Progress

Sometimes I feel like I'm not moving forward at all. I feel like I'm stuck in a rut, and sometimes that is true. However, some of the time all I have to do is think back at what I have been doing the past couple of weeks. Usually when I take time to do this I realize that I really am doing something with my life. I just don't always feel that way. Summer tends to be a time when I have to check every once in a while to make sure that I'm not slipping backwards.

I know this doesn't really have much to do with my progress in life, but I thought I would post my progress on the Daffodils pic. This is to show that I am, every once in a while, making progress in something. I have actually gone somewhere with this painting I've been working on for my sis. I'm not sure I will keep it, but at least I can say I've done something with it. So here are the pics, and just know that I still have a looong way to go on it.
The first pic is my first draft. It's um... well I scrapped it for a reason. The second draft I like better, and look I have moved forward in something! Oh and this is also to show Amy that I can figure out how to post pictures. Woohoo!

3 comments:

Val said...

Am I allowed to comment on every blog? Or will you kick me off because I am slightly biased in your favor? I do prefer 2nd draft. Can't wait to see the results! I'm most impressed that you can post pictures (skills I have yet to master). See you tonight!

Amy said...

I'm super impressed that you posted pictures. Now you just have to add some more fun things. What better thing to do at work than to learn to fully use your blog.

Marilyn O. said...

It sounds like you are making a lot of progress. Summertime can be a time to make progress in areas we neglect when we are so busy working in the fall and winter, like reading good books and working on our talents (and remodeling the kitchen!). I love summer.
mom