Tuesday, January 27, 2009

For My Posterity

I had a talk with Cierra last time the family came up. She and Valerie were once again reprimanding me on my lack of blogging. I didn't think they were going to say anything to really encourage me to blog. However, I was wrong. Cierra said that my posterity would be grateful to her for making me blog. Now I feel guilted into it. So I guess I will occasionally update you on exciting events in my life.

Exciting event #1:
I got hit by a car! Allison, Hillary, and I were happily crossing the street (at a cross-walk mind you) one night when a car came from out of nowhere. I saw it when we first started crossing, but had no doubt in my mind that it would stop. So when I felt something slam into me causing me to roll on top of it, I of course screamed. I think the scream was more from surprise than anything, and I think it scared the drive more than me.

Thankfully I was able to walk away with only a few minor bruises, and a good story. I was definitely being watched over because he was going about 20, and I should have been reasonable hurt. The poor driver was going into shock, and I wasn't thinking very clearly. So in an effort to make him feel a little bit better I thanked him for stopping, apologized for walking in front of him, and then did a dance to show him that all my limbs worked properly. I think by the end of it I had him convinced that I wasn't hurt, but that I was insane.


Exciting event #2:
I am understanding calculus, and actually don't mind the homework!

Exciting event #3:
I had my first consultation for work! Now hopefully I'll be able to get some regular clients so that I can start to support myself again.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hey! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I had so much fun with you guys. The pictures turned out cute. I have them on a CD I'll leave it at my Mom's. When you stop by for Sunday dinner you can pick it up. Glad to know you have a blog. I'll check in every once in a while!

Val said...

Dear Lisa, not only will your posterity appreciate this blog, I will too! Teach me the ways of enjoying calculus. Because algebra is kicking my trash.

Heidi said...

Lisa! YOu got hit by a car??? Oh my goodness! I cracked up when you were telling how you danced to show him you weren't hurt...hahah i can just imagine! I miss you! I came across your blog and will soon be a faithful checker of it :) My blog is thnorton.blogspot.com.

Rachel said...

Hurray for Lisa's invincibility! (did I even spell that right?) I am very glad that you weren't more hurt by this car accident. Oh my Lisa, how I love you

The Byrd Family said...

I'm so glad you're okay, and since you are, I'm glad you got hit, because that's a great story :)