Thursday, March 4, 2010

Yadda Yadda Yadda

Apparently if you look up yadda yadda yadda this is the definition you get: A phrase that means "and so forth" or "on and on;" it usually refers to something that is a minor detail or boring and repetitive.

So really I guess I shouldn't title any blog post about my life as that because my life is not a minor detail nor is it boring, and only sometimes is it repetitive.

Well I was just thinking today about how I have 3 free hours, and how amazing it is. So I was updating myself on others lives and looking at Valerie and Cierra's amazing blogs and feeling shamed at my lack of blogging. In fact my favorite part of my blog posts are the comments about my lack of blogging. Here is my measly attempt.

These last months have been overall great. A few crappy events, but nothing a good girls night couldn't fix. Work is great, I'll hopefully get my national certification in May, and then open my own business at Edgemont PT which I am so so so excited for! I am going to do massage therapy and personal training.

Any suggestions for what I should call my business?

Thanksgiving and Christmas were awesome except for when Matt and Cierra moved to the frozen tundra of Idaho.

Going home for Christmas was amazing. I love my family, and I love the desert.

These pics are from a hike on Christmas Day. Yes, Christmas without snow. I used to hate it, now I love it.

I crave the desert with the endless blue skies, and the gorgeous red rock. I crave it like I crave chocolate.

I want summer. Now.



Here is a list all the exciting events that have been happening for those of you who care...
  • John Hoyt came to visit from Vermont, and we rode the Front-runner up to Ogden and went ski-joring with some friends! It's a Norwegian sport, look it up. It's pretty cool.
  • That same day as ski-joring we had dinner with the diplomats. The President of the Islamic Council of Norway, and the Judicial Vicar of the Romanian Greek-Catholic Church came. We fed them bread-bowls. They were actually very funny. We had some good discussion about the differences in our religions, and the politics of religion.
  • I am almost done with school! One more month, and I will have a bachelors and a massage therapy license! It kinda makes me feel old to be almost done with school forever.
  • I dyed my hair brown. I love it.
  • We had a dinner group reunion at Craig and Rachel's new place. I love reunions.
  • I want summer to come.
  • I bought a plant and it's name is General Sherman.


Oh sweet dinner group. Emmy and Evan couldn't be there so we just pretended like they were.

So that is an update for you. Oh and did I mention I want summer? This morning it was nice outside. Nice enough that I ventured out for a few minutes without a jacket. Then it started getting cloudy. Then it started to rain. That turned to hail, and now it is snowing. Moody weather is making me moody.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Lisa I'm so glad you updated :) I just looked up that ski-joring thing--it looks fun! When can I see you again? I miss you!

Marilyn O. said...

Lisa, what a nice surprise! Keep blogging and maybe I will too!