Monday, November 16, 2009

Huh

Huh, well it looks like this thing is still here. Would you look at that...

Let's see... news. I'm guessing that's why you came here.

I started Massage Therapy school and I love it! This job was made for me. I get to be around people all day, but I don't have to actually talk to them. And I get to work with muscles all day. I seriously think muscles fibers are so interesting. I'm one of those weird people who gets a kick out of the cadaver lab. Don't judge.

I also had foot surgery on both my feet, and as a reward I got to wear awesome boots for 2 months. I am now known as the girl with the boots in my ward. I liken myself to a more intelligent Forrest Gump when he still had the leg braces on. I've had the boots off for several weeks now, but the first thing people still ask me about is my toes. I think it's a bit weird to the new kids in the ward.

Things are getting back to normal though. I think next week I'll feel good enough to try to go running! Next stop... Boston Marathon! Ok, not really. I have no desire to run that at the moment. I'm shooting for 4 painless miles by the New Year.

I started a website! It's called http://utahvalleyhealth.org/. If you want to know what it's about you should just visit it. Now I know what you're all thinking. "Lisa, you can't even update this more than once a year. Why are you starting a new thing that requires updating?" Answer: I can do whatever I want, ok? So lay off. But seriously this is something I actually care about (not that I don't care about what goes on in my life) enough to write about. It's been great so far, and has even been the catalyst in a great job offer! And this week I'm hosting a health fair! Hopefully people actually show up...

Other than that I'm just enjoying life as usual, all of it except the cold. Maybe I'll update again in another year.

For now let's just see how long it takes for anyone to actually notice I updated :)

4 comments:

Becky said...

Hurray! An update!!! I'm very excited about your website and your health fair and your job offer. Have you had the health fair yet? How are the website and the job going?

Becky said...

Oh wait--this is Rachel but I realized that I'm signed in as my Mom, sorry! So even though both of these posts say Becky, it's actually Rachel :)

Val said...

I love you.

Marilyn O. said...

Oh goodness!!! I had almost given up on you. You are now a better blogger than me!